Early Years Manager at Chalfont St. Giles Pre-School Playgroup
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a small, talented and dedicated team of staff in a unique and enriching environment where children learn and thrive through play.
We wish to appoint an experienced, passionate and self-motivated Manager to take responsibility for delivering high quality provision for children and families within our community playgroup in Chalfont St Giles. Set in the village Cricket pavilion, open to children from 2 to 4 years, this role will involve day-to-day management of our Pre-school, including the implementation of inspirational activities which incorporate EYFS in a safe, secure and caring environment.
This is a term-time role working Monday-Friday 8.30-3.30
You will be working largely outdoors in a beautiful setting overlooking playing fields and a small woodland in which you will help to run regular forest school sessions.
We support a small number of local families which allows us to provide an excellent service where we get to know the children and their families well and support them through effective parent partnerships.
If you love to see children be inspired and engaged and will continually strive for providing the best possible learning and nurturing environment for every individual child attending the Pre-school we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be expected to obtain an enhanced DBS and will be enrolled on a safeguarding course. Two references will be required, one from your most recent employer.
Your main duties will include:
- Leading and inspiring a childcare team to achieve a good to outstanding Ofsted inspection.
- Managing the smooth running of the Pre-school. This includes good long/medium-term/weekly plans for each age group and effective organisation during the day with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Ensuring that the early years’ service delivered is of the highest quality.
- Liaising with families about their children’s learning and needs.
- Ensuring accurate record-keeping and complying with reporting requirements.
- Promoting and positively representing the setting within the local community and beyond.
- Line management of all members of staff (currently five staff) with support from the administrative staff and management committee.
You will have:
- Experience of supporting an early years childcare setting.
- A relevant qualification (Level 3 or above).
- At least 2 years in a leadership/managerial role at least at Deputy Manager level.
- Ability to inspire staff to deliver results, in an ever-changing world of early years education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for supporting children to thrive and meet their potential.
- Hold a Designated Officer Safeguarding certificate.
- A strong SEND knowledge is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary, holiday pay and staff pension with employer contribution.
Please contact email@example.com for more details – we would like to encourage anyone interested in this role to get in touch as we would be very happy to arrange informal conversations or visits to our setting, which we are very proud of.
To apply please complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org