Early Years Support Assistant
We have an exciting new role for an enthusiastic and dedicated Early years assistant within our Pre-School
The Playgroup in Chalfont St Giles is set in the Chalfont St Giles Cricket pavilion, open to children from 2 to 4 years.
Experience working with and teaching young children is preferred but not essential, the successful candidate will be given training.
This is a term time role working:
Monday -Thursday 11-1
With the possibility of occasional cover work.
- To support the team with lunch cover and collection from CSG nursery.
- To help to set up the playgroup for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To provide education offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection and safeguarding procedures.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is required as part of the job.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To promote the playgroup to current parents and potential customers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details